Senior Video Editor/Motion Designer
Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus on reducing the cost of remittances and increasing safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,000 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
The Creative team at Zepz applies its craft with assiduity and heart, no matter how large or small the project is. We actively design creative ideas and deliver with efficiency and speed. We are looking for our next ambitious Video Editor/Motion Designer to help us in our mission. The majority portions of the projects will be 2D video-based, however, there might also be some 3D animation projects.
As a Senior Video Editor/Motion Designer, you will help create iconic motion visuals that bring Zepz’s mission to life across the many platforms we interact with. We’re looking for someone who takes pride in their creative work, and has passion for inspiring others and pushing the boundaries of video and motion. Someone who will be able to give life, personality, and life-like behaviors to design work. With a knack for problem solving and the ability to think outside the box, you'll have a direct impact on how we communicate our message to the world. You will play a crucial role in driving our design strategy, mentoring a talented design team, and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to create compelling and cohesive visual experiences that resonate with our target audience.
If you’re a creative thinker who’s excited to join a community of lifelong learners and challenge the status quo - we’d love to hear from you. Apply today to join us in our journey to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be tasked with:
- Responsible for the creation and enhancement of motion design and video editing across multiple channels, including TV, social media, online banner ads, emails, digital billboards, etc.
- Animate and create UI elements to bring the product to life for both desktop and mobile.
- Develop a user-centric, utilitarian Motion Design System that scales beyond our brand & marketing materials to mobile & web products.
- Ideation: Bring fresh ideas and approaches by combining cultural awareness with an inquiring mind.
- Design Quality: Ensure that the look of any motion design and videos are consistent with the brand across all touchpoints.
- Brand Guardian: Be the brand custodian and ensure the brand guidelines are implemented at every point.
- Presentation: Present creative ideas and work to peers and creative lead.
- Collaboration: work together with in-house creative team (creative director, art director, copywriter, designer, project manager, and any freelancers) as well as the Growth Marketing and the Product team to design creatives that are exciting, on-brand, culturally relevant and that respond to the business needs.
- Player / coach: Provide motion design and video leadership, guiding the design team in creating innovative and impactful creatives.
- Team Development: Mentor and inspire the design team, providing constructive feedback, and fostering a culture of creativity and innovation.
- Industry Trends: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and motion best practices to continually improve our communication strategy.
What you bring to the table:
- Expert experience as a Motion Designer for an advertising agency or in-house for a global brand.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Premiere Pro).
- Proficiency in 2D animation and character animation.
- Proficiency in all aspects of video production: video editing, color grading, audio, media, video .codecs, compression, and preparation for delivery across all platforms.
- Strong knowledge in other Adobe Creative Suite products (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Passionate about moving images, design, animation, and content.
- Excellent design sensibilities (detail for design, eye for color, typography).
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates strong 2 and some 3 dimensions works.
- Understand today's media landscape and how people engage with marketing.
- Understand UI/UX design, systems thinking, information hierarchy and user-flow.
- Well-rounded and strong conceptual designer - who is also very proficient with motion design, typography, color theory, illustration, photography, and layout.
- Efficiently manage and prioritize multiple projects of varying complexities in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- The ability to comprehend complex topics and distill them down into simple, elegant solutions that make them easy to grasp and understand.
- Creative powerhouse with great leadership skills, a deep understanding of traditional and novel motion disciplines and techniques.
- Excellent communicator capable of providing a compelling rationale for ideas and concepts.
- Collaborative and comfortable receiving feedback from a range of stakeholders.
- Fluent in English.
Bonus points if you:
- Experience in 3D programs (Cinema 4D, Maya) is a strong plus.
- Experience with Lottie.
- Eye capturing illustration and visual capabilities.
- Good understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Prior in-house, startup experience.
- Are familiar with the diaspora communities we serve
- Are fluent in written French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German, Wolof or Swahili, or other languages.
- Have experience working in C2C environments.
- Have experience product management methodologies (e.g. Agile/Kanban methodology)
- Have experience working in the financial services / Fintech industry.
- The ability to self-start, stay organized and plan / prioritize workload over time to ensure deadlines are met and work is delivered - sometimes under pressure.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication / collaboration skills.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire. Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1,000 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to Apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.