Workplace Community Specialist
Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus on reducing the cost of remittances and increasing safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,000 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
Workplace Community Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for a Workplace Community Specialist with responsibility for our global office footprint, remote-first ways of working, and our company overseas assignments/requirements.
As our Workplace Community Specialist you will cover the full range of both hard and soft facilities management — including the management of leases, maintenance, and health and safety and its monthly reporting — as well as the more experiential side of our offices including creating physical workspaces that are enjoyable to work in, well branded, inclusive, engaging and enable high-performing teams. You will also consider how we enhance the experience for our remote employees and continually build a remote-first culture. This role will also aid our EAs in supporting any travel arrangements and operations associated with logistics and planning of events.
- Create optimised workplace environments wherever we have clusters of talent that build community and culture, bring people together, are safe and secure and ensure a productive setting.
- Manage all office leases, openings, closures and consolidation of our global office plan. This includes serving as the point of contact for our primary office vendor, currently WeWork Workplace.
- Serve as the point of contact for all maintenance, health and safety and workplace setup activity in our London HQ.
- Manage the operational budget for office spaces, including monthly analysis and forecasting of office spend. Manage all purchase orders and invoices associated with the global workplace.
- Monitor our workplace office Slack channels, ensuring queries submitted by colleagues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Gather and report performance metrics to monitor office usage and satisfaction, using the data to make continuous improvements for our remote-first ways of working and optimising in-person time.
- Maintain statutory standards and understand the associated environmental and occupational risks and liabilities.
- Responsible for monthly reporting of health and safety risks via Protecht and other internal systems. Ensure health and safety policies, documentation and procedures are filed, kept up to date and communicated with our colleagues and external agencies as appropriate..
- Work with Comms & Engagement to develop a team of local site leaders to support consistent rollout of branding and facilities, events and occasional projects.
- Lead on identifying a global mail solution to support the processing of incoming and outgoing mail, including receiving, sorting and arranging any courier services for our commercial and regulatory offices.
- Support our ways of working that enhance and promote a remote-first culture.
- Manage relationships with company concierge and vendors. Support procurement on negotiations of contracts or rates with travel suppliers.
- In partnership with our Finance Team, ensure the compliance and annual review of the corporate travel and expense policies.
- Support EAs and business support with trip arrangements (air, lodgings, etc.) and operations.
- Ad hoc provision of advice on official documents, insurance and visa support.
What you bring to Zepz:
- In-house international facilities/workplace management experience, with experience in a multi-site, multi-country role, ideally in a tech business.
- Sound operational knowledge of global contract management, health and safety, and budget management.
- The ability to manage numerous deadlines and contracts, with flexible changing priorities.
- Strong customer service focus, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with a wide range of colleagues, clients and vendors.
- An obsessive attention to detail, reliability and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of budget reporting and processing.
- Knowledge of international regulations and visa processes is ideal, but not required.
- Be able to work at least 3 days in the office in London to support our London HQ.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire. Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1,000 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to Apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.