Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus on reducing the cost of remittances and increasing safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,000 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for discovering opportunities for product excellence and differentiation across our products. With a deep empathy for the user, you'll work on creating experiences that help migrants send money home to their families. You'll collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to determine strategy, roadmaps, and deliverables while maintaining much autonomy over your work.
This role reports into the Head of UX and Design and is a member of our diverse Global Design Organization where we use our design and research skills to inspire and influence across the company. We believe different perspectives and backgrounds inside our team lead to innovation and inclusion in our product design. We advocate for meaningful and engaging experiences for our diverse global customers. We support each other, learn from challenges, and have fun along the way.
Please note due to majority of the team being based in the U.S - we are only considering applicants based on the East Coast of the United States for this role.
What you will focus on:
- Conceptualise and design mobile first
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to understand business objectives and translate them into effective design solutions
- Create and iterate on solutions that are inspired by a deep empathy for our users
- Identify key opportunities to meet our user and business needs and work collaboratively to prioritize feature ideas
- Use research and data to inform and implement solutions
- Ideate on new product features and improvements
- Effectively "sell" design solutions to partners through design storytelling
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to grow the team as well as inform and improve our design processes
- Create high-level user flows for complex products that capture happy paths and edge cases
- Develop low-fidelity and high-fidelity wireframes and interactive prototypes to communicate design concepts and interactions effectively
- Understand business and technical needs and requirements
- Work cross-functionally (in and outside of the design team) to create innovative features
- Design flows, features, and components that can be used across products
- Create pixel-perfect UI components
- Contribute to our design system, ensuring consistency and scalability across multiple products and platforms
- Work collaboratively with Engineering to ensure the finished product meets design specifications
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience as a product designer, with a strong portfolio showcasing your design process and successful product launches with an emphasis on mobile and native experiences
- High proficiency in Figma and other UX/UI software for creating flows and prototypes
- Ability to analyze and use data and research to inform decisions
- Experience leading and launching end-to-end product features
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Love to discuss design in group settings; participate in design critiques and reviews.
- Excellent analytical skills to break down and solve complex problems
- The ability to explain your work, process, and decisions and seek feedback to help you produce your best work
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Design discovery (user research, competitive research)
- A deep understanding of user-centered design principles and a passion for creating exceptional user experiences
- Familiarity with financial services, regulated products, or similar is a plus
- A BA/BS/Master's Degree in the field of user experience, research or related field is preferred but not required
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire. Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1,000 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to Apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.