Lead Marketing Analyst
Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus on reducing the cost of remittances and increasing safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,000 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role...
Data, Insight, and Analytics is an integral part of our business and you will be part of an ambitious team of Analysts looking to deliver impactful data-driven solutions to some of our trickiest problems - partnering closely with our Marketing & CRM teams. This role will have a huge impact on the business and the potential to identify and lead initiatives that translate to real change.
We are looking for a Lead Marketing Analyst, who will promote our data driven culture and champion Marketing Effectiveness, leveraging the ever-expanding range of data sources we have available to improve our decisions across both of our brands. You will use your analytical abilities and work in partnership with our Marketing team to build out the incrementality modelling, design and analyse experiments, and provide data-driven analytics, models and recommendations to shape our marketing performance across channels. Your solutions will influence international decisions and create new opportunities to drive growth.
On the technical side, you will be working with a wide variety of technologies (e.g. Tableau, Mode, Looker, SQL, Fivetran, dbt, Python or R...), data sets, and techniques to get to actionable insights.
As a member of WorldRemit’s Analytics team you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long term decision making.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Product Analytics, you will:
- Partner with stakeholders to define, prioritise, and deliver a marketing roadmap
- Analyse the effectiveness of market efforts across channels – Google, SEO, Facebook, CRM, online, and other partners
- Identify opportunities for improvement and automation through data analysis, and champion the usage of data to derive insights and drive action across the business
- Present results back to the business in a structured, data-driven manner –simplifying complex concepts for non-technical audiences.
- Recognise and prioritise opportunities which will provide the largest return through actionable insights
- Lead by example. Mentor and coach more junior team members in methodologies and technical approaches.
What we’re looking for from you...
You’re results focused and passionate about data and insights, leading by example and setting the bar high. You will embrace the WorldRemit values: “aim high,” “embrace challenge” and “do what’s right”
- Very strong analytical capability and evidence of being able to transform data into actionable insights. Experience with CRM, SEM, Google, SEO, Social (Facebook), and/or customer analytics (churn, lifetime value, CLV, segmentation...) preferred
- Experience designing and analysing marketing tests across digital and online channels (A/B, multivariate, geography based, synthetic controls, etc)
- Designing incrementality tests and building out attribution models to accurately measure the impact of campaigns and channels
- An ability to see the bigger picture: a problem solving approach that gets to the underlying business questions, using a variety of data sources and information
- Very good SQL skills, able to handle complex data structures from multiple sources and different areas (digital, transactional, marketing, etc)
- Experienced with various technical tools and comfortable choosing the right tool for the job - building a dashboard or self-serve tools (Tableau, Looker, Periscope, Mode etc), using statistical methods to analyse large datasets (e.g. R, Python)
- The ability to partner with stakeholders to define and prioritise business questions and translate these into analytical projects
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to summarise issues succinctly and be flexible and pragmatic with advice.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to work independently, curious, and likes to take initiative
Nice to haves..
- Experience with DBT and GIT
- MMM/incrementality experience
- Experience with Mode Analytics
Experience with Databricks
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire. Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1,000 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to Apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.