Senior Director of Finance
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Some of our investors include Insight Partners, Initialized Capital, Accel, VMG Partners, and Y Combinator.
As Senior Director of Finance you’ll report to the CEO to lead our Finance function. In this role, you’ll be serving as a strategic partner to the CEO and CTO (Cofounders and Board Directors); advocating for financial health and capital efficiency, partnering with our data team to drive scenario planning, and running our end-to-end forecasting process.
- Financial Leadership: Provide strategic financial guidance to the CEO and CTO (Cofounders and Board Directors), aligning financial management with the company's strategic goals.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Prepare comprehensive budgets, financial forecasts, and business plans.
- Investor Relations: Manage relationships with investors, providing transparent and accurate financial information.
- Financial Analysis: Conduct detailed financial analysis to support decision making and identify areas for cost reduction and efficiency improvements.
- Reporting: Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Compliance and Risk Management: Ensure compliance with financial regulations and oversee risk management policies and procedures.
- Deep experience owning and leading the finance function, including forecasting, budgeting, and performance tracking.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in finance, ideally in a B2B SaaS startup environment.
- Experience with M&A transactions, including due diligence, deal negotiation, and integration.
- Experience with accounting and financial reporting, including GAAP compliance and management of audits
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field. An MBA or CPA is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and communicate financial information to non-financial stakeholders
- Proficiency in financial software and advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and strategic thinking abilities.
What We Offer:
- A competitive executive-level salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth within the company.
- A collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, and wellness programs.
- Flexible working arrangements.
Shogun is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
A Note to Future Shogies
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting potential Shogies. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone feels like they belong. We encourage you to apply if you feel this role is a good fit for you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
What We Offer (Varies by Location)
- Competitive salary
- Company-sponsored healthcare, visioncare, dentalcare for you and your dependents
- Retirement plans with matching contributions (401k, Pension, and RRSP)
- Paid parental leave
- Stock options
- Yearly company and department off-sites
- Home office set-up reimbursement
- Monthly home office productivity reimbursement
- Co-working space reimbursement
- PTO, sick leave, holidays, Shogie appreciation days, COVID-19 related time off
- Learning and Development reimbursement
- Mental health and wellbeing offerings
- Quarterly Wellness reimbursement
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion, and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: We strive for transparency and operate with high integrity. We value diverse feedback and give insight to both our Shogies and clients.
- People are People: We believe everyone should be treated with respect. We seek to understand teammates and clients through questions and feedback.
- Win and grow together: We are all on the Shogun team, and love to see teammates and clients succeed. We challenge, learn from, help out, and cheer each other on as we continue to grow.
- Biased to Action: Agility and ownership in all that we do. We deliver value to each other and clients iteratively and quickly.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
At this time Shogun does not use AI to make recruiting or hiring decisions.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.