Strategic Partnerships Manager
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Some of our investors include Insight Partners, Initialized Capital, Accel, VMG Partners, and Y Combinator.
Shogun has been remote from the start, and we've intentionally created a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
Our cofounders started and bootstrapped Shogun in 2015 before participating in the Y Combinator program in Winter 2018. Since, we’ve raised over $100M in financing from Initialized, VMG, Accel, and Insight Partners.
Shogun’s software is used to power over 35,000 ecommerce businesses today.
Location: For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States and Canada.
Reports To: VP Marketing
As the Strategic Partnerships Manager at Shogun, you will be instrumental in driving our growth through partnership channels. Your primary focus will be to build and maintain relationships with eCommerce web design, development, and conversion rate optimization agencies; sourcing opportunities for mutual business development. Additionally, you will be responsible for fostering relationships with other eCommerce enablement technology companies. Your role is pivotal in expanding our reach and enhancing our presence in the eCommerce service provider and software ecosystems.
- Agency Partnership Development: Identify, develop, and manage partnerships with eCommerce web design and development agencies. Establish and nurture long-term relationships to drive mutual growth.
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with the CEO and VP Marketing to develop and execute a comprehensive partnership strategy tailored for the eCommerce agency ecosystem.
- Performance Metrics and Reporting: Collaborate with the CEO and VP Marketing to define and track key performance indicators for agency partnerships, ensuring alignment with business goals.
- Marketing and Promotion: Collaborate with the marketing team to create co-marketing strategies and materials that promote our partnerships and enhance brand visibility.
- Technology Partnerships: Field opportunities with other eCommerce enablement technology companies that could enhance our product offerings and market reach.
- Stakeholder Management: Act as the primary point of contact for partners, managing and resolving any issues that arise, and ensuring a high level of partner satisfaction.
- Market Analysis and Insights: Continuously monitor eCommerce trends and partner ecosystem developments to identify new partnership opportunities and areas for growth.
- 3-5 years of experience in partnership management, business development, or a related role, preferably in the software or eCommerce industry.
- Proven track record of establishing and nurturing successful partnerships, especially with service providers (agencies) and technology companies.
- Strong understanding of the eCommerce landscape and related technologies.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to identify opportunities and drive growth.
- Proficient in CRM tools and partnership management software.
A Note to Future Shogies
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting potential Shogies. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone feels like they belong. We encourage you to apply if you feel this role is a good fit for you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
What We Offer (Varies by Location)
- Competitive salary
- Company-sponsored healthcare, visioncare, dentalcare for you and your dependents
- Retirement plans with matching contributions (401k, Pension, and RRSP)
- Paid parental leave
- Stock options
- Yearly company and department off-sites
- Home office set-up reimbursement
- Monthly home office productivity reimbursement
- Co-working space reimbursement
- PTO, sick leave, holidays, Shogie appreciation days, COVID-19 related time off
- Learning and Development reimbursement
- Mental health and wellbeing offerings
- Quarterly Wellness reimbursement
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion, and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: We strive for transparency and operate with high integrity. We value diverse feedback and give insight to both our Shogies and clients.
- People are People: We believe everyone should be treated with respect. We seek to understand teammates and clients through questions and feedback.
- Win and grow together: We are all on the Shogun team, and love to see teammates and clients succeed. We challenge, learn from, help out, and cheer each other on as we continue to grow.
- Biased to Action: Agility and ownership in all that we do. We deliver value to each other and clients iteratively and quickly.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
At this time Shogun does not use AI to make recruiting or hiring decisions.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.