San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Help us rebuild the oldest system in the world - the agricultural supply chain.
Silo is a platform that brings efficiency and transparency to the agricultural supply chain. Our product dramatically increases profits, improves product freshness, and reduces food waste for farmers, wholesalers, distributors, and buyers.
We are a highly motivated team of engineers, designers, and business and agricultural specialists taking on the challenge of transforming a centuries old industry. We are looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to work cross functionally to realize Silo’s enormous potential.
Silo receives funding from preeminent investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Tribe Capital, Initialized Capital, Haystack, and Garry Tan. Silo is headquartered in San Francisco with distributed teams located across the United States and internationally.
As a product designer, you’ll dive deep into problems and lead complex projects big and small. You’ll partner closely with product and engineering and even our users. We are a small and mighty design team that are needing to add more talent to our team as our company grows. This is an opportunity to help shape the future of design at Silo by having passion in other design initiatives (design systems, design ops, research, etc.)
What we’re looking for:
- Be user-centric. We love partnering with our users to understand their needs, so we can design cleaner, more intuitive user experiences to make their day-to-day easier.
- Have a highly collaborative spirit and be proactive and comfortable working with other team members whether its product and engineering, or even our customer-facing team members.
- Strike the right balance of divergent and convergent thinking. Be able to think outside the box but know how to be realistic on an iterative approach.
- Be comfortable in asking the hard questions, having confidence in pushing for elegant solutions, and yet being open to compromise due to scope, time, limitations, etc.
- Have a passion to improve and evolve design at Silo. (ie. design systems, design ops, research, etc.)
What makes a great candidate:
- 3+ years of product design experience.
- Strong core UX/UI design skills that can be demonstrated in case studies or portfolio.
- Proficient in design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools.
- Ability to manage large projects and clearly articulate concepts to different stakeholders and users.
- Be able to understand both customer and business impact when approaching problems and creating solutions.
Benefits & Perks:
Silo offers comprehensive company sponsored health insurance, health & wellness contributions, unlimited sick days, competitive paid parental leave, and weekly meal stipends. We respect a healthy work-life balance and want to make sure you get the time you need. Our flexible schedules and time-off policies mean you can tailor when you work to your needs.
How To Apply:
We are committed to building a diverse team of people from a wide variety of backgrounds, and encourage anyone to apply. Please click the "Apply for this Job" link below to get started!