Portfolio Risk Manager - Collections and Recovery
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2023
Help us rebuild the oldest system in the world - the agricultural supply chain.
Silo’s vision is to perfect supply chains for a sustainable future. We build technology solutions which bring efficiency and transparency to the agricultural supply chain, and help our customers achieve their goals. Our modern ERP & Capital Solutions dramatically increase profit, improve product freshness, and reduce food waste for farmers, wholesalers, distributors, and buyers.
We are a highly motivated, curious, and bold team of engineers, designers, business and agricultural specialists taking on the challenge of transforming a centuries old industry. We are looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to work cross functionally to realize Silo’s enormous potential.
Silo receives funding from preeminent investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, Haystack, and Garry Tan. Silo is headquartered in San Francisco with distributed teams located across the United States and internationally.
We will work hard to make sure your decision to join us is worthwhile and rewarding. You’ll learn how a start-up operates and learn skills that will help you at any point in your career. You will be empowered to take initiative and get support to execute an idea from beginning to the end.
A Portfolio Risk Manager at Silo will be passionate and knowledgeable about building and supporting Credit product offerings, risk and portfolio health management strategy, and the efficient and productive underlying operations of the business. This person will be responsible for implementing collections and recovery strategies to manage portfolio health as well as harvesting insights and learnings from the data and frequent interactions with the small and medium businesses that we serve. They will be able to see problems before they occur, take the initiative to solve them, and share learnings so the team avoids repeated challenges. This candidate will bring industry expertise and best practices from previous experience in collections and credit risk management and to help Silo scale its Capital offerings.
- Develop and implement collections and recovery strategies across all credit products and programs
- Build strong relationships with Silo Capital customers and use high judgment in managing expectations while supporting their needs
- Find insights and learnings that can be used to enhance existing underwriting processes and inform policy updates.
- Support the development of tools and processes for monitoring and reporting on risk along with proactive measures to manage delinquencies and avoid escalations.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to solve problems as well as ensure processes and systems are functioning as expected with desired outcomes
- Fluent Spanish speaker strongly preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience working in collections, credit portfolio risk management, financial services, and operations in a fast-paced environment and ideally in a software or technical environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across multiple functions, self-starting attitude and ability to adapt quickly and work independently, and strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally with finance, operations, product, account + implementation, sales, and engineering teams
- Demonstrated analytical ability
We are currently only accepting applications for candidates based in North America. Please do not apply if you are not based in this region.
Benefits & Perks
In addition to a competitive salary, Silo offers comprehensive company sponsored health insurance, wellness and meal stipends, flexible PTO, 401(k), and a substantial paid parental leave policy. We respect a healthy work-life balance and want to make sure you get the time you need. Our flexible schedules and time-off policies mean you can tailor when you work to your needs.
How to Apply
We are committed to building a diverse team of people from a wide variety of backgrounds, and encourage anyone to apply.