Fraud Risk Lead
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Help us rebuild the oldest system in the world - the agricultural supply chain. Silo’s vision is to perfect supply chains for a sustainable future. We build technology solutions which bring efficiency and transparency to the agricultural supply chain, and help our customers achieve their goals. Our modern ERP & Capital Solutions dramatically increase profit, improve product freshness, and reduce food waste for farmers, wholesalers, distributors, and buyers.
We are a highly motivated, curious, and bold team of engineers, designers, business and agricultural specialists taking on the challenge of transforming a centuries old industry. We are looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to work cross functionally to realize Silo’s enormous potential.
Silo receives funding from preeminent investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, Haystack, KDT, and Garry Tan. Silo is headquartered in San Francisco with distributed teams located across the United States and internationally.
We are seeking a Fraud Risk Lead who is responsible for building out and managing Silo’s fraud risk management program. This includes developing and implementing fraud prevention and detection strategies, monitoring fraud trends, and investigating fraud incidents. The Fraud Risk Lead will also work closely with other departments, such as Product, Engineering, and Operations, to ensure that the company's products and services are designed to mitigate fraud risk.
What we're looking for:
- A team player with experience balancing high velocity growth with a dynamic and rapidly diversifying risk portfolio
- A strong investigative toolset with the ability to communicate complex findings to executives and company decision makers
- Familiarity with small and medium sized businesses and their typical patterns of operation, particularly within supply chain industries
- A bias toward data-driven decision making in an environment with substantial ambiguity
- Ability to make critical, timely decisions that stand up to scrutiny from multiple sources
- Based in North America
What makes a great candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., finance, accounting, economics, criminal justice)
- 5+ years of experience in fraud risk management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Benefits & Perks
In addition to a competitive salary and equity, Silo offers comprehensive company sponsored health insurance, wellness, internet, cell phone and meal stipends, unlimited PTO, 401(k), and a substantial paid parental leave policy. We respect a healthy work-life balance and want to make sure you get the time you need. Our flexible schedules and time-off policies mean you can tailor when you work to your needs.
How to Apply
We are committed to building a diverse team of people from a wide variety of backgrounds, and encourage anyone to apply, even if you don’t fit all the requirements, you never know!