Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Help us rebuild the oldest system in the world - the agricultural supply chain
Silo builds technologies which bring efficiency and transparency to the agricultural supply chain. Our modern ERP dramatically increases profits, improves product freshness, and reduces food waste for farmers, wholesalers, distributors, and buyers.
We are a highly motivated team of engineers, designers, business and agricultural specialists taking on the challenge of transforming a centuries old industry. We are looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to work cross functionally to realize Silo’s enormous potential.
Silo has funding from preeminent investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, Haystack, and Garry Tan. Silo is headquartered in San Francisco with distributed teams located across the United States and internationally.
We will work hard to make sure your decision to join us is worthwhile and rewarding. You’ll learn how a start-up operates and learn skills that will help you at any point in your career. You will be empowered to take initiative and get support to execute an idea from beginning to the end.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will expand Silo’s business by discovering qualified prospects, understanding where their business can be improved, and communicating the value of Silo’s products in helping achieve those improvements. You will work directly with our Account Executives to become the Quarterbacks of your assigned territory, generating pipeline via whatever strategy you deem most effective. You must effectively communicate the value and functionality of Silo, follow the Silo playbook, and maintain detailed records of interactions and leads in our Salesforce CRM. Additionally, you’ll take a data backed approach to prospecting, outreach and pipeline generation. You will need to be comfortable with change that comes at a fast start up and the ability to sell a product that is new to the market.
- Achieve monthly quotas of leads sourced, meetings scheduled, and qualified opportunities generated
- Research and prioritize strategic target account lists within a defined territory
- Maintain accurate account & activity information in Salesforce (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
- Conduct high-level conversations with senior executives in prospect accounts by phone and email
- Collaborate with other departments to identify product improvements, modifications or changes that could enhance its overall performance and attractiveness of our platform
What Makes A Great Candidate:
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to pursuing a career in sales
- Consistent track record of overachievement
- Competitive, resilient, and highly motivated
- A great attitude and love for teamwork
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
- Able to be in office (NYC) several times a week and operate in a hybrid environment
Benefits & Perks
In addition to a competitive salary, commissions and equity, Silo offers comprehensive company sponsored health insurance, wellness and meal stipends, unlimited PTO, 401(k), and a substantial paid parental leave policy. We have a work hard, play hard culture.
How to Apply
We are committed to building a diverse team of people from a wide variety of backgrounds, and encourage anyone to apply.
Apply with your resume and we’ll be in touch.