Engineering hiring process\n
hear back within 2 days\n
hear back within 72 hours\n
Take home coding challenge\n\n
hear back within 4 days\n
hear back within 3 days\n
Receive offer & get to know the team\n\n\n
Sorry, Streak currently only supports Google Chrome, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
Sign up to be notified when support is available for your browser.
Senior Backend Engineer
Streak is a profitable, fast-growing company that is seeking senior backend engineers to join our world class team who will help scale our backend systems to ensure our customers always get a reliable and performant experience. We're already operating at scale: we process hundreds of emails a day and maintain a >10 TB email metadata index in the service of helping our users build businesses on top of email.
Our backend engineers are distributed systems experts who build the infrastructure to power the next generation of features of Streak in a reliable, scalable, and resilient way so they can still enjoy their nights and weekends. We believe in using the right tool for the job, whether that is managed services provided by Google Cloud Platform, open source projects, or writing our own solutions - we always look at the complete picture, not just initial development but maintenance, monitoring, migrations, and more.
Streak is an engineering focused organization, so we continually invest in improving our tools, tests, processes and technology. But we know our people are our greatest asset. We strive to build a culture where everyone is continually learning and growing. As a member of our small team you will meaningfully impact all parts of the company, from the direction the company is going, to the products we develop, to the people we hire.
Your day to day will include:
- Architecture: Understand product and feature requirements then figure out and design the infrastructure that will power them.
- Implementation: Choose the technology and write the code that brings together it all together.
- Monitoring and debugging: Investigate and fix performance and correctness issues.
We are excited about you if:
- You'e done it before: you've built a backend at scale that's used in production by external users and you have the battle scars to show for it.
- You're passionate about doing things the practical way and can ship out new systems in a reasonable timeline that are performant and reliable.
- You love working with a team to accomplish difficult tasks and do what it takes to help that team achieve its potential.
- You're able to work during Pacific time business hours +/- 4 hours. We have Canadian and U.S. companies set up, but are willing to expand to other countries for the right candidate.
It would be phenomenal if:
- You have production experience at scale with a cloud service provider (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- You enjoy mentoring and blogging to share your wins, failures and insights
- You're passionate about a great end user experience
Engineering hiring process
hear back within 2 days
hear back within 72 hours
Take home coding challenge
hear back within 4 days
hear back within 3 days