Data Engineer Intern, London
Talos: Institutional Fabric for the Digital Asset Market
Founded in 2018, Talos provides institutional-grade trading technology for the global digital asset market, powering many of the major players in the crypto ecosystem.
We are a tight-knit but decentralized team of highly-experienced engineers and businesspeople. We are a remote-friendly work environment, with physical hubs in New York, London, Cyprus, and Singapore.
We’re Hiring: Data Engineer Intern
Talos is currently seeking a Data Engineer Intern to contribute to the design and construction of platform infrastructure dedicated to processing and analyzing extensive volumes of market data and client transactions. As a part of our team, you will contribute to building an innovative platform that serves as a testing ground for internal data analysts and algorithm developers.
We are looking for an ideal candidate who is interested in exploring the modern data stack and learning about data design patterns. This opportunity is ideal for those who are keen to expand their foundational knowledge in data engineering. As a Data Engineer Intern, you will leverage this knowledge to actively participate in the design, testing, and construction of a modern data processing platform. This internship provides an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to the construction, implementation, and upkeep of robust data pipelines using information from the Talos platform and external market data sources.
- Gain hands-on experience in analyzing data to identify trends and extract valuable insights for our clients
- Lead the way in exploring cutting-edge technology developments for handling and processing Big Data, while conducting proof of concept evaluations for new tech
- Utilize database systems, demonstrating a thorough understanding of analytics and application databases.
- Apply experience in working with cloud platforms to support and enhance job responsibilities.
- Class of 2025 pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Scala, Java, C++), ability to write in SQL, and passionate about writing clean, maintainable code and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of database systems, with a clear understanding of time series analytics, as well as understanding of data modeling and practical experience working with cloud platforms.
- Curious about the rapidly evolving technologies in this domain.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- An energetic, creative, and autonomous self-starter
- Located near our London HQ
Get In Touch!
Also, check out other open positions listed on our website.