Head of Marketing
We're Building Software to Automate Global Trade
Terminal49 is an Ocean Freight Visibility Platform.
Today, nine out of ten people who work in container operations still manually track shipments across carrier and terminal websites and update spreadsheets. Rinse and repeat.
We eliminate this manual data entry and provide near real-time container tracking via our Dashboard and APIs — helping them automate their workflows, save time, and reduce cost of transportation.
Some of the worlds largest importers, shippers, logistics service providers (such as freight forwarders and customs brokers), and logistics technology companies use Terminal49 to manage millions of containers that move around the globe.
We are just getting started!
Marketing at Terminal49
Given how much progress we have made as a company we are embarrassed that we still don’t have a marketing leader in the team. With that being said we have been able to repeatably acquire customers with low cost of acquisition. Today, most of our warm leads are coming in through SEO, customer referrals and some press. We have a product-lead motion that’s working → Prospects are able to get a feel for the dashboard/API without talking to sales, and we want to double down on this.
Who We're Looking For
As the Head of Marketing, you’ll lead marketing strategy across the customer lifecycle. This position will play a key role in driving Terminal49’s messaging and campaign strategy to drive awareness, product signups, and lead generation at scale. Most of our growth so far has come from a product-lead motion with sales-assist, and we want to double down on this.
With our recent fundraise, this is a chance to join a company right at a point of inflection. We’ve invested little in marketing to date and yet we’re generating consistent inbound demand. Imagine the impact you could have!
As a marketing leader, you will develop a strategy (in partnership with the CEO) and own execution. Overtime you will build and manage the team responsible for designing and executing multi-channel campaign. Your initial area of focus will be demand generation.
- Drive efforts to grow the traffic to our website and increase the number of users signing up for our product trial.
- Double-down on SEO. Build and execute on a content strategy that optimizes for keyword ranking. Figure out how we rank in the top 3 results for a long-tail of keywords
- Develop branding, positioning and pricing strategies
- Measure and boost brand awareness in the container visibility and automation space
- Create a content strategy and calendar, and collaborate with CS team to create and publish content (text and video) regularly.
- Turn customer conversations into marketing assets such as case studies and video testimonials
- Plan and execute conference and events strategy
- Help Terminal49 get more press by building an in-house PR strategy and/or engage a PR firm.
- 5+ years marketing a beloved bottoms-up or virally-driven technology product, ideally with a concentration in demand generation.
- Expertise in designing and optimizing the funnel across B2B channels
- A data-driven mindset focused on setting, measuring, and attaining KPIs
- Excellent copy-writing skills with ability to build and run a copy writing team
- A track record of developing, delivering, and scaling production capabilities for marketing and demand generation for enterprise marketing organizations
- Experience with user research, segmentation, and product positioning
- Experience in leading a diverse team of skilled individual contributors, including product marketers, campaign managers, web & email producers, MarTech experts, and analysts
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various teams, partners, and leaders
- Thrive in a high-growth, high-velocity organization
We are totally open to remote candidates, but we have a slight preference for people located in the Bay Area who have an interest in working at least part-time in our East Bay office. Either option is great.
$110-175k/yr, plus a equity stake in the company, depending on experience and location.
- High Trust & High Performance Culture (Our Values)
- Distributed/remote work environment (we have employees in 9 countries)
- Holidays & Sick Leave + Flexible Vacation Time
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K plan Dependent care (US only)
- FSA (employee premium paid by us) (US only)
- Wellness Stipend