General Manager, New Offerings
Pursuit of truth in credit.
By using machine learning to anticipate and manage risk in credit, we’re empowering our partners and lenders to unlock opportunity and access for more borrowers, everywhere.
We strive to be the preferred partner to lending platforms, providing not only access to capital but also underwriting technology capabilities to allow innovative lending platforms to grow their business.
Our firm is made up of 60+ professionals working in San Mateo (HQ) and New York, working in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are passionate, hard-working, relentlessly-resourceful, impact-focused individuals. We deeply value intellectual curiosity, independence of thought, creative idea generation, empathy, and close collaboration.
What You'll Do
We’ve built a successful business around the core technology that powers our underwriting capabilities. As we look towards our next phase of growth, we’re seeking to take that core and use it to build new lines of business and offerings in new markets. This is an opportunity to reimagine the possibilities of Theorem’s core technology. The General Manager role for our new offerings is truly an entrepreneurial opportunity within a profitable enterprise. You’ll be armed at the starting line with a technology set that is peerless and ready to drive new value.
In this role, you will be using our underwriting technology to generate revenue that does not require new LP capital. You will develop and sell offerings that license access to Theorem’s underwriting technology. You will work with and draw from multiple teams across the organization, fostering effective relationships and leveraging their expertise to drive new business. As you lead expansion of our offerings successfully and prove the thesis to build a dedicated team, you’ll have the chance to hire, mentor, and lead a team of talented professionals who will contribute to the success of the organization's growth strategy.
This individual will make a significant impact from day one by building new products and generating new revenue streams for the company. They will work closely with the CEO, CIO, General Counsel, CTO, Capital Markets, Business Development, Legal, Research, and Engineering teams.
- You will be responsible for new revenue generation using Theorem’s tech. Here’s what this might look like:
- Develop theses for potential applications and market segments where there is demand for our technology and innovative partnership structures
- Identify new business opportunities by conducting market research and analysis to identify target customers, their needs, and their pain points
- Define the value proposition, pricing model, and competitive positioning of new offerings
- Own the product or offering lifecycle from idea to execution, leveraging internal and external teams along the way to drive results
- Lever existing partnerships—and build new ones.
- Drive external discussions and negotiations with potential partners
- Collaborate with the internal teams including partnership and technology teams in order to build revenue-generating products
- Participate in industry conferences, events, and networking opportunities to expand business reach and to gain insight about emerging needs
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years of new product offerings experience with a demonstrable track record of driving revenue and providing results
- 10+ years of experience within the fields of Business Development, Product Management, Management Consulting, and/or Engineering
- Proven track record of new product generation, bringing a product from idea to execution
- Financial services industry experience, ideally within structured finance and/or consumer loans
- You are a strategic and analytical thinker who understands technology, financial markets, and strategy development
- Clear communicator with an ability to inspire internal and external stakeholders
- Strong executive presence with a proven ability to present and manage a wide variety of relationships
- Proven record of achieving targets and driving revenue in a high-growth, rapidly evolving organization
- Willing to travel
- Expected full-time salary range between $215,000 to $285,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Advertised and actual salary ranges may differ by geographic area, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
We foster an environment that welcomes professionals with a diversity of backgrounds and ideas. We value professionals who are thoughtful, innovative, tenacious, and mission-driven. Every member of the team has a major impact on the company's success with visible contributions to the business. We encourage and reward growth, learning, and a solutions-seeking mindset. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for equity ownership, generous benefits, and an inclusive and collaborative work environment. If you’re excited by the opportunities to create outsized impact as part of a world-class team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment: email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact us at 415-489-0457.
Theorem does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.