Portfolio Risk Reporting Lead
Pursuit of truth in credit.
By using machine learning to anticipate and manage risk in credit, we’re empowering our partners and lenders to unlock opportunity and access for more borrowers, everywhere.
We strive to be the preferred partner to lending platforms, providing not only access to capital but also underwriting technology capabilities to allow innovative lending platforms to grow their business.
Our firm is made up of 60+ professionals working in San Mateo (HQ) and New York, working in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are passionate, hard-working, relentlessly-resourceful, impact-focused individuals. We deeply value intellectual curiosity, independence of thought, creative idea generation, empathy, and close collaboration.
Leveraging your knowledge of the financial services space, you will run analyses and provide recommendations in order to support the office of the Chief Investment Officer. A unique aspect of this position is the comprehensive view you’ll have of the business. Working alongside leaders in Engineering, Capital Markets, Partnerships, Research and Compliance, you will gain deep knowledge of the organization in order to make informed business decisions.
What You'll Do
- Assess the risk of platforms, portfolio, investment funds, investor groups, ABS tranches, etc.
- Will help develop and build state-of-the-art monitoring and alerting system and reporting tools
- Provide the CIO and the broader organization with relevant and material credit risk updates on portfolio performance and emerging risks/trends with actionable proposed outcomes
- Ensure portfolio performance remains within acceptable risk parameters while demonstrating returns are commensurate with higher risk segments
- Work with a variety of fintech platforms and understand their policies and processes
- Perform due diligence risk assessment on new platforms - assess risks inherent in each platform through analytics, risk attribution, and risk monitoring
What We're Looking For
- Master's degree in Engineering, Data Science, Math, Statistics, or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in Risk
- Fluent in Python and SQL
- Expected full-time salary range between $150,000 to $220,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Advertised and actual salary ranges may differ by geographic area, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
We foster an environment that welcomes professionals with a diversity of backgrounds and ideas. We value professionals who are thoughtful, innovative, tenacious, and mission-driven. Every member of the team has a major impact on the company's success with visible contributions to the business. We encourage and reward growth, learning, and a solutions-seeking mindset. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for equity ownership, generous benefits, and an inclusive and collaborative work environment. If you’re excited by the opportunities to create outsized impact as part of a world-class team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment: email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact us at 415-489-0457.
Theorem does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.