Sr. Software Engineer, CLIP
Pursuit of truth in credit.
By using machine learning to anticipate and manage risk in credit, we’re empowering our partners and lenders to unlock opportunity and access for more borrowers, everywhere.
We strive to be the preferred partner to lending platforms, providing not only access to capital but also underwriting technology capabilities to allow innovative lending platforms to grow their business.
Our firm is made up of 60+ professionals working in San Mateo (HQ) and New York, working in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are passionate, hard-working, relentlessly-resourceful, impact-focused individuals. We deeply value intellectual curiosity, independence of thought, creative idea generation, empathy, and close collaboration.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a strong independent developer to join our small but growing team. As a Sr. Backend Engineer on our CLIP (Custom Loan Integration Program) Team, you’ll take on a key role with ownership across the stack driving business-critical technical decisions.
As an engineering team, we believe strongly that empathy improves our solutions. Engineers will have the opportunity to work closely with our business development team to understand the variety of use-cases for Theorem’s services, while partnering with and empowering quantitative researchers to drive outcomes across our ML-driven underwriting stack. We value strong ownership on our team, while also being highly collaborative and always seeking input and feedback.
What We're Looking For
- Strong understanding of architecture and scaling large software systems
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical field
- 4+ years of professional software development experience with a demonstrated track record of ownership/delivering projects end-to-end
- Working knowledge of either Java or Python & experience building backend services with these languages
- Java and python micro-services running on top of gitops managed Kubernetes
- Prometheus, Grafana and Kibana for Observability
- AWS RDS and Kafka storage layer
- Github Actions for CI/CD
- Expected full-time salary range between $150,000 to $220,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Advertised and actual salary ranges may differ by geographic area, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
We foster an environment that welcomes professionals with a diversity of backgrounds and ideas. We value professionals who are thoughtful, innovative, tenacious, and mission-driven. Every member of the team has a major impact on the company's success with visible contributions to the business. We encourage and reward growth, learning, and a solutions-seeking mindset. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for equity ownership, generous benefits, and an inclusive and collaborative work environment. If you’re excited by the opportunities to create outsized impact as part of a world-class team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment: email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact us at 415-489-0457.
Theorem does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.