Pursuit of truth in credit.
By using machine learning to anticipate and manage risk in credit, we’re empowering our partners and lenders to unlock opportunity and access for more borrowers, everywhere.
We strive to be the preferred partner to lending platforms, providing not only access to capital but also underwriting technology capabilities to allow innovative lending platforms to grow their business.
Our firm is made up of 60+ professionals working in San Mateo (HQ) and New York, working in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are passionate, hard-working, relentlessly-resourceful, impact-focused individuals. We deeply value intellectual curiosity, independence of thought, creative idea generation, empathy, and close collaboration.
You'll serve as an in-house lawyer focusing on transactions and compliance, working closely with internal and external stakeholders to help grow our hedge fund.
Areas of Responsibility:
2) Platforms (working closely with Partnerships):
- Structure legal arrangements with new platforms
- Update and amend agreements with current platform partners
- Work with platform operations to onboard platforms and programs
3) Financing (working closely with Capital Markets team):
- New & existing warehousing agreements with our capital providers
4) Funds (working closely with Sales & IR team):
- Structure new funds & amendments
- Marketing materials review & approval
5) Firm Operations
- Various contracts as needed for HR, Finance, Operations
6) New Business Ventures
- Serve as a primary lawyer (under the guidance of GC / CCO) for Theorem’s compliance program — time commitment is seasonal. The beginning of the year may be a heavy compliance workload, with less than 20% time throughout most of the year.
- Review material and plans executed by 3rd party compliance program partner Hardin.
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a practicing lawyer
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a law firm as an associate
- Helpful: Fund management practice area experience — knowledge of & experience with Investment Advisors Act, etc.
- License to practice law in California preferred
Characteristics For Success:
- Interested in working on a breadth of different types of deals and projects
- Collaborative and solutions-oriented
- Commercial focus
- Open to learning, humble, low-ego
- Expected full-time salary range between $150,000 to 200,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Advertised and actual salary ranges may differ by geographic area, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
We foster an environment that welcomes professionals with a diversity of backgrounds and ideas. We value professionals who are thoughtful, innovative, tenacious, and mission-driven. Every member of the team has a major impact on the company's success with visible contributions to the business. We encourage and reward growth, learning, and a solutions-seeking mindset. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for equity ownership, generous benefits, and an inclusive and collaborative work environment. If you’re excited by the opportunities to create outsized impact as part of a world-class team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment: email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact us at 415-489-0457.
Theorem does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.