Future Role - Senior Software Engineer
Time by Ping
Because we live to sanctify time, we’ve gone ahead and provided the answers to all the questions we think you should be asking us. For more details, read on!
laurel’s Mission to Return Time:
We’re a team that is connected by time. Life has taught us its true value and finite nature. We value every minute and are on a mission to return time. And we live and breathe that mission in everything we do — from how we build our product that saves our customers time to how we operate as a company.
Come work with a team that’s intelligent yet humble, visionary yet gets things done. A team that’s only getting started at cracking a problem that affects every person who uses a screen to work.
Come build a company that will stand the test of time as we look to understand time itself.
We all waste a staggering amount of time at work (~33%) because we have no idea where we are spending it. Worse yet, we continue to operate in a factory model that simply does not apply to creative work. Our big bet is that by understanding time, we’ll be able to move away from it as a unit of value. In the future knowledge economy (lawyers, accountants, engineers), contributions will be assessed on value added, not the underlying time spent adding it.
Ambitious mission to say the least, so where are we starting? We have created a new market category called Time Automation that automates the timekeeping process for professionals and allows us to collect time data at scale. Before laurel, professionals had to manually record every six minutes of their day into antiquated timekeeping software. Not anymore. We are moving away from a world in which humans tell a machine what they did at work, to our version of the world in which the machine tells the human.
We are a Series B company (>$55M in venture capital from Tier 1 funds) that has assembled some of the best builders, designers, and product minds in tech—and we all have one thing in common: we are deeply motivated by our mission to return time.
We are looking for individuals who share our passion of returning time. Come join us on our journey as we spend time solving time. It will be a long road but if we’re even half right, we’ll change the way work is measured and performed forever.
About the Role:
Please Note: This is a role that, while not open at the moment, highlights skill sets that we are always striving to have on our team. We encourage interested applicants to apply. Please note we might not reach out with interest until we have an open role - we apologize for that in advance.
- You will drive engineering excellence and governance around engineering best practices through training, testing, documentation, process, and tooling.
- You will maintain a strong understanding of customer behavior, the competitive landscape, and industry trends in presentation layer technology
- You will collaborate with the engineering teams to make plans and lead technology choices for successful iterative product delivery
- You will collaborate with Product and Design to ensure a consistent customer experience when transitioning to React and to create compelling designs with user impact but also implemented elegance and simplicity
- You will mentor team members on best practices and coding standards
Skills and Experience:
- Tech Stack: React, TypeScript, Next.JS, HTML and CSS
- Experience with the AWS stack
Flexibility and Logistics:
- Location: Up to you! You can be fully remote, or work in one our offices (San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland). If you’re close to our SF, LA or Portland offices, we’d love to have you into the office - the choice is yours.
- Work Times: Core hours of 10am-2pm PT M-F, but otherwise completely flexible.
- Compensation: Competitive salary, generous equity, comprehensive medical/dental/vision coverage with covered premiums, 401(k), additional benefits including wellness/commuter/FSA stipends.
- Visa Sponsorship: Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
- What happens if my kid or I are sick on a workday? Take all the time you need! We’ll cover for you. And send you some soup.
Not sure if you meet the qualifications? Keep reading…
At Laurel, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. If you’re interested in joining us on our mission to return time, then we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t perfectly match every single bullet on the job description. We promise to review your application. Laurel is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment, free from discrimination or harassment, for all employees.