Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Torch Leadership Labs
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
At Torch, we believe in the power of people. People are the heart of every success story. They collaborate to achieve ambitious things together. And they inspire others to build a better future.
That’s why our mission at Torch is to unlock the potential of people, teams, and organizations. We believe that trusted relationships are the key to helping people realize their full potential. When people experience transformational growth in the context of a trusted relationship, they achieve more, their teams excel, and their organizations thrive.
By combining a community of expert coaches, scalable technology, and the latest behavioral science, Torch helps our customers develop their people, create stronger leaders and managers, and drive business performance.
Backed by top-tier investors, Torch is a fast-growing, mission-driven SaaS startup comprised of people who are passionate about helping leaders, their teams, and their organizations achieve more. If that sounds worthwhile to you, join us. Torch is a remote and distributed team with offices in San Francisco, Buffalo, and New York. The rest of the team is scattered around the U.S.
All Torch employees are expected to reflect and enhance our company values, GROW:
Go deep: We study the science, learn from the best practitioners, and dig in with customers to solve their unique needs.
Relationships matter: We lean into relationships with empathy to create more meaningful connections and more meaningful impact.
Own it: We take responsibility for our commitments, our contributions, our results and for the success of those around us.
Win together: We believe that happiness and fulfillment at work comes from shared success and value.
At Torch, the Sales department exists to create new business opportunities with prospective clients while fostering strong partnerships with our existing customers.
Torch is looking for a Sales Development Representative to help quickly scale our client base and identify new revenue opportunities. Our clients are diverse and range from startups to Fortune 500 companies. This role will be a critical part of our sales team focused on supporting our enterprise sales team. You are excited about building and nurturing relationships and understanding what they need to support growing their leadership.
This position will be reporting directly to the Sales Development Manager.
- Gain a thorough understanding of client needs and the Torch product to ensure successful matches.
- Prospect and generate leads through various channels, including cold calling, email campaigns, social media outreach, and networking.
- Qualify leads by engaging in meaningful conversations to determine their level of interest, budget, and decision-making authority.
- Collaborate closely with the sales team and account executives to develop strategies for successful lead conversion and revenue growth.
- Meet or exceed monthly and quarterly sales targets and key performance indicators (KPIs) as set by the sales manager.
- Participate in ongoing sales training programs and professional development activities to enhance sales skills and product knowledge.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to provide feedback on lead quality and suggest improvements in lead generation strategies.
- Represent the company at industry events, trade shows, and conferences to network with potential customers and promote brand awareness.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, persistence, and resilience in pursuing sales targets and overcoming objections.
- 1+ years of experience in sales, with a track record of exceeding lead targets.
- Utilize strong communication skills, both via phone and email, to effectively engage prospects and drive meaningful conversations.
- Apply a creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills to identify and address customer needs and challenges.
- Embrace a continuous learning mindset, demonstrating high personal accountability and a passion for professional growth.
- Thrive as a self-motivated, adaptable, positive, and collaborative individual contributor, fostering teamwork and synergy within the sales team.
- Maximize lean resources to fuel sales growth, particularly in a rapidly scaling sales organization.
- Consistently demonstrate a strong work ethic, resilience, and a solution-oriented mindset.
- Contribute to positive company culture by upholding professionalism, ethical conduct, and a commitment to the company's values and mission.
- Prior experience as a Sales Development Representative is a strong plus, showcasing familiarity with the role's responsibilities and best practices.
- Additional experience in HR Technology is also a plus, providing valuable insights into the industry and customer requirements.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Torch Coaching
- UP Days
- Remote Workstation Stipend
Torch provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.