Forward Deployed Engineer, Public Sector
At TRM, we're on a mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people around the world. Our next-generation platform, which combines threat intelligence with machine learning, enables financial institutions and governments to detect cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime at an unprecedented scale.
As a Forward Deployed Engineer, you will work directly with TRM’s government customers. This includes bridging our SaaS offering with federated capabilities and cloud architectures from the initial setup and implementation to configuration and maintenance.
A successful mission will enable TRM’s government customers to securely leverage TRM in regulated industries and also scale with maturity. As an early member of the Forward Deployed Engineering team, you will be deeply involved in the technical details and ultimately champion your team to build a safer financial system for billions of people.
The impact you’ll have here:
- Liaise with customers to deploy and configure cloud infrastructure, including IaaS and PaaS services.
- Work with project teams to own execution and delivery of software.
- Communicate and collaborate between clients and project stakeholders to ensure project success.
- Develop custom integrations to serve customer missions and requirements.
- Actively participate in SDLC (software development lifecycle).
- Leverage cloud, DevOps, and Linux tools to manage, monitor, and debug systems and applications.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field.
- Professional experience building environments on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Highly proficient with modern Unix/Linux operating systems/distributions.
- Experience with CI/CD, containers, orchestration and/or virtualization, web servers, and databases.
- Professional experience building and deploying data-intensive applications in secure environments for government customers.
- Strong programming skills with experience across the spectrum of systems engineering, data engineering, DevOps, and/or data operations.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% as needed to client sites.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
The TRM way
- We define high-impact targets through customer centricity, prioritization, and adaptability.
- We execute efficiently to achieve our goals through good judgment, velocity, and humility.
- We elevate our team’s performance through integrity, apprenticeship, and positivity.
Why TRM Labs
- Join a mission-driven company that's building a safer financial system for billions of people.
- Do meaningful work alongside a bright and humble team.
- Develop world-class products that are trusted by leading institutions and agencies.
- Tackle novel challenges in blockchain, data science, and threat intelligence.
- We've raised $150M from JPMorgan Chase, Visa, PayPal, Tiger Global, Bessemer, among others.
- Enjoy a remote-first workplace with hubs in San Francisco, Washington, DC, and London.
- Remote-first work environment, with optional in-person offices
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA, HSA ,and 401K programs
- Life & disability coverage
- Generous paid time for vacation, volunteering, sick leave, and parental leave
- Fitness, co-working, and home office reimbursements
- Fertility, professional coaching, and mental health resources
We encourage you to reach out even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Do not worry about picking exactly the right job; we can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your passion and interests will set you apart, especially if your background or career is unconventional. Join us!