Staff Software Engineer (Front End)
Remote · San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2022
At Trunk, our mission is to help teams create high-quality software quickly. Merge conflicts, poor code quality or consistency, flaky tests, and dozens of other distractions quickly drain the productivity and morale of those teams. Engineering teams that can stay focused on designing, implementing, and delivering software will build magical, high-quality projects - and they will be happier doing it. We're building the tools that empower teams to land code faster and develop happier.
We are building the foundation for a modern software engineering team. Our founders started this journey in 2021 and have designed, delivered, and scaled software at some of the world's largest and fastest-growing tech companies - Uber, Google, YouTube, and Microsoft. We're building a game-changing company, and we hope you are excited to be a part of that audacious goal.
Software has eaten the world; almost every company produces software in some form or fashion, so our addressable market is virtually every company on earth. We're going after every engineering team on the planet - we're starting with smaller teams, but there are literally hundreds of thousands of companies out there for us to empower and maybe only a handful (Google, Facebook, Amazon), that are outside our scope. We are building the DevEx platform to empower the world.
In 2022, we raised a $25M Series A led by Initialized Capital (Garry Tan) and a16z (Peter Levine), with investments from Haystack Ventures, Garage VC, Tom Preston Warner (Founder/CEO of GitHub), Geoff Schmidt (Founder/CEO Apollo GraphQL), Nicolas Dessaigne (Founder/CEO Algolia), and Oleg Rognysky (Founder/CEO Peopl.ai).
We're looking for 🔎
- 7+ years of professional experience (Staff level)
- Very strong with Typescript and knows how to work with generics and complex types
- Knows how to both develop and evolve a front end design system
- Intimate knowledge of build tools - specifically front end and React environment
- Experience with developing node.js apis
Our tech stack 💻
- Frontend: Typescript, React, Redux, Next.js
- Backend: Typescript, Node, AWS, CDK, k8s, gRPC
- Observability: Prometheus, Grafana, Kiali, Jaeger
- CLI/Daemon/LSP: C++20, Bazel
- VSCode Extension: Typescript
- CI/CD: GitHub Actions
- General: GitHub, Slack, Linear, Slite
What we offer 🎁
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote flexibility
- Few meetings so you can ship fast and focus on building
- Competitive salary and equity
- One Medical membership on us!
- Top-notch health/dental/vision with $0 premium for employees and highly subsidized for families
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
- FSA, HSA, and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Parental Leave
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Trunk, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, we're happy to help accommodate. Please contact us at email@example.com.